A Step By Step Guide On How To Perform Guasha Facial Massage
If you are looking for an effective and natural way to help improve your facial complexion, guasha facial massage could be the answer. Not only is a guasha facial massage the perfect way to naturally sculpt your face and enhance your bone structure but more importantly it has multiple health benefits!In this blog we will give you all the steps needed to utilize the guasha and its benefits!
What is a Guasha?
Guasha is a traditional Chinese massage technique that involves using a flat, smooth tool to gently scrape the skin in a specific pattern. It is believed to help promote lymphatic drainage, improve circulation, reduce inflammation, stimulate your immune system, detoxify your body and promote the overall health and appearance of the skin. It is said to be especially effective for treating headaches, neck pain, and TMJ (temporomandibular joint) problems. The guasha is most commonly used for facial massages but it is also used on other parts of the body such as arms and legs.
How To Do a Guasha Face Massage
1. Choose a guasha tool that is appropriate for your skin type and the area you will be massaging. Common options include stainless steel, jade, rose quartz, or other smooth, flat materials.
2. Cleanse your face with a gentle cleanser and pat it dry.
4. Hold the guasha tool with the flat side facing your skin at a 45-degree angle. Starting at the center of your face, gently scrape the tool across your skin in an upward and outward motion. Use the upward and outward strokes to promote lymphatic drainage. Be sure to use light pressure and avoid pulling or tugging on the skin.
5. Continue the massage by moving the tool in a circular pattern around your face, starting at the center and moving outwards. Be sure to cover all areas of your face, including your forehead, cheeks, and jawline. Be gentle around the delicate eye area.
6. Repeat this motion for 3-5 times in each area before moving onto the next area. It is important to maintain a 45-degree angle so that there is a consistent pressure throughout the treatment.
7. When finished, soak a clean cloth in warm water and apply it to your face for 1 minute to help remove any residue from the oil and guasha tool.
8. Lastly, rinse your face with cool water and apply a moisturizer to help hydrate and nourish your skin.
9. It is very important to clean the guasha tool after use with soap and water!
It's important to be gentle when using a guasha tool and to follow these steps. If you are wanting to get all these benefits and see the changes you need to be consistent with this guasha facial massage. Tierra by Maria offers the perfect Guasha, it is a stainless steel guasha which has proven to be extremely effective and achieve noticeable benefits!