Your Guide to Establishing a Skincare Routine that Supports Your Skin and the Environment
Every woman dreams of having healthy, radiant skin free from acne, pigmentation, and fine lines. Unfortunately, many find the road to flawless skin to be a challenging one. This is mainly because they don’t have a routine they swear by and don’t even know how to create one. If you fall under this women's category, you’ve come to the right place! Today, we won’t only help you build a skincare routine you will love, but we’ll also ensure it aligns with your sustainability goals. So, let’s delve together into the world of glowy skin and a healthy environment!
Things to Remember on Your Journey to Sustainable Skincare
We often point out, loudly and clearly, that having a routine you will follow regularly is a must. This is because, just like with any other thing in this world, your skin needs care and attention to be its healthiest, flawless version. But simply establishing a few skincare routine steps isn’t enough. You need to ensure the products you’re using are safe and promising optimal results. Moreover, it is important to choose those that are not only good for your skin but for the environment, as well.
Unfortunately, to build a skincare routine that supports the environment is a challenging thing to do today. This is because so many of the conventional products you can easily find everywhere contain a lot of harmful ingredients- from fragrances and parabens to microplastic. Fortunately, we have a few tips that will make a difference. If you follow them closely, you should have no problem creating your ultimate sustainable skincare routine on your own!
Here’s what you should know:
Products you need to dispose of after just one use are one of the main contributors to unnecessary waste. Although you might think of them as handy, these beauty tools are terrible for the environment, from makeup wipes to cotton pads. Therefore, consider switching to more sustainable alternatives, such as reusable cotton pads and wipes or cream cleansers in recyclable containers. Not only will these help you stay environmentally conscious, but they will also last you much longer.
If you’ve already attempted to build a skincare routine, you probably know how tiring it is to find a product that meets your standards. Unfortunately, most conventional brands aren’t conscious about the ingredients they use in their products, potentially harming your skin and the planet. So, next time you go skincare shopping, make sure the product you choose doesn’t contain the following ingredients:
- Palm oil
- Synthetic fragrances
- Oxybenzone and Octinoxate
- BHA and BHT
Lastly, before you build your skincare steps, you need to do some research and explore sustainable skincare brands. These use naturally sourced ingredients for their formulations, promising beneficial results. Besides, their high-quality products are also packaged in recyclable containers, allowing for easy disposal once you use them up.
Now that we’ve shared our best sustainability tips, it’s time to tell you all about how to build a skincare routine you will swear by. Discover the steps below!
Morning Skincare Steps
- Start your morning by cleansing your skin. Gently apply a cleanser using circular motions, rinse, and pat your skin dry. Look for a natural product that contains nourishing vitamins, such as vitamins A, B2, B12, and E.
- Next comes the exfoliating step, although this should be done only twice a week. This will help you remorse the dead skin cells without irritating your skin. Apply a gentle exfoliating product using the same circular motions and then rinse it with lukewarm water.
- The next step is toning your skin, which, unfortunately, not many women use. However, a toner can give you plenty of benefits that no other product can provide, such as tightening your pores, rebalancing your skin, and eliminating impurities. Look for a product that contains grape seed or peach extract or one that contains nourishing vitamins.
- A very important part of how to establish a skincare routine is not to forget the importance of a good moisturizer. You should use this product twice a day after you’ve cleansed and toned your face. Choose a moisturizer that will help hydrate your skin and restore its barrier function. Moreover, you can also consider purchasing a product that contains jojoba oil, as it boosts rejuvenation and protects against environmental stressors.
Serums also fall into this group, and dermatologists often call them next-level moisturizers. These help the active ingredients to absorb deep into the dermal layers, providing a boost of hydration. Use only a few drops on your face before you apply a moisturizer- this will be enough to achieve the desired results.
- Finally, finish your morning routine using an SPF, but stay away from ones that have chemicals as compounds. Instead, look for mineral sunscreens, as they are the most eco-friendly option on the market. Use a tinted SPF cream to avoid leftover white cast if you have a darker complexion.
Nighttime Skincare Routine Steps
The night routine is basically following the morning one, although you should skip the SPF application step. After you cleanse and tone your face, continue following the next steps:
- Since the skin around your eyes is the thinnest and most sensitive, never skip applying an eye cream as part of your nighttime routine. Gently massage it until it fully absorbs to strengthen the muscle and boost collagen production.
- Next, apply a night moisturizing cream to boost the reproduction process, and Voila! You’re all set!
- As a bonus step, you can consider using a light detox mask, which you’ll apply once or twice a week. It will draw out all the impurities and rejuvenate your skin. And remember, the most important part of creating your skincare routine steps is using natural skin and environmentally friendly products!
We truly hope that this guide on how to build a skincare routine will help you achieve wonderful results. So, make sure to follow it closely to meet your goal of enjoying a radiant complexion while at the same time supporting your environmental cause. In case you’re looking for more useful advice, don’t forget to discover the rest of our blogs. And if you feel ready to create your routine, check out our online store!
About Tierra by Maria
Tierra by Maria is a skincare brand, founded by Maria Gabriela de Faria, that is dedicated to creating high-quality, natural, and vegan products that nourish and protect the skin. Our products are formulated with only the highest-quality, plant-based ingredients to provide the best possible skincare experience.
We are committed to sustainability and ethical practices, and we never test our products on animals. Our line includes a variety of products for all skin types and concerns, including cleansers, toners, serums, moisturizers, and more. Whether you're looking for a daily skincare routine or a solution to a specific skin concern, Tierra by Maria has something for you. Shop now and experience the power of natural skincare!